I have been injured in a car accident. What are my rights?
If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident, your rights to compensation are defined by some very specific and complex provisions of insurance legislation in Ontario. You may be entitled to benefits from your own insurance company, which are referred to as Statutory Accident Benefits. You may also be entitled to bring a claim against the at fault driver for:
- Pain, suffering, and loss of enjoyment of life;
- Out of pocket expenses incurred as a result of the motor vehicle accident;
- Income lost as a result of the motor vehicle accident (both past and future lost income); and
- Expenses for any future care you may require.
For a full understanding of what you may be entitled to, it is important to consult an experienced lawyer. If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident, contact one of our personal injury lawyers at McKenzie Lake Lawyers LLP, in Guelph or London, Ontario, to schedule your free initial consultation to discuss what you may be entitled to.
Other motor vehicle accident practice areas include:
- Motorcycle accidents;
- Recreational vehicle accidents; and
- Distracted Driving.